expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Price is Right

Dream 6-13-13





My father is a contestant on The Price is Right. My mother and I are sitting behind the cameras watching. They keep calling my dad "the Vietnam vet." This seems strange to me. He didn't fight in Vietnam. My mom takes her camera out and snaps a picture. I grab her by the shoulder and pull her back. She screams. I tell her that she can't disturb the production. Bob Barker walks toward her and takes her camera away. My dad wins the show.

In 1993, My dad is playing his guitar on the couch. His shirt is off, and he's wearing a baseball cap. The kids are running throughout the house, playing.
Years later, my brother and I feel the need to play The Price is Right. We travel to California. My dad comes with us. We make it to the show. We ask for an information card but all the name cards are filled. We find one that is empty. I fill it out. I sit down and wait for my name to be called. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment