expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hotel

Dream 12-20-13


I'm in a hotel.

 I don't know which floor I am on, but I know it's not the first floor. At one end of the hallway, down on the right, is my home. That is also where my mom lives. At the other end of the hall is a food court, on both sides. Lining the left side of the hallway wall, on the other side of my house, are four restaurants that have gone out of business. One of the four restaurants is actually a bar that my friend Joel once performed in. Joel is a musician. He is also visiting today.

Joel and I walk down to my house so he can see my mom. While we are there, I tell him that he once played in the bar down the hall. He becomes very quiet and gets emotional. I walk with him down to the bar. We stand in the doorway and reminisce. In a flash, Joel walks out of the bar and goes to one of the buffets in the the food court.

Joel meets the man who owns the bar. The owner gives us the dime tour of his bar. He shows us all the bands and artists pictures on the wall. I remember seeing Gene Simmons from KISS. He mentions that he printed all of these posters out of his computer which is a very old model that would never have the ability to do such a thing. I don't know if he is kidding or not.
Joel and I and a few other friends who just appeared walk back down to the food court. We stand in line to the buffet. Joel mentions that this man in a few minutes is going to turn on the music and that he is going to dance. One by one each of us says aloud, "I'm gonna dance too." In the line to the buffet, one of the cooks asks, "what can I get for you." I respond, "just a roll please." she says in a rude manner, "this is a buffet, you can't just get a roll." I'm a little setback. I answer, "damn.. okay then." She starts to put a bunch of food on my plate. Across the room are friends that I hung out with years before. They are drenched with water. I don't say anything to them. They walk away.
-
Things change quite rapidly. Almost like a different story. The man in charge (whoever that is) tells one of us to kill the other (I'm not included in this mess). So, three of us step into an elevator that is in the bar, and place a plastic clothes bin on our head. Suddenly we are not in the elevator but rather in the shallow waters of the ocean on a beach. One of my friends says to the other, "you need to drown, that's what the man told me to do." We eventually come to the conclusion that no one is going to die today. We throw off the plastic clothes bin and look around. We know the man in charge is on the beach making sure the job gets done, however, he isn't on this part of the sand, so we run. My friends find a van and get in it, however, some things in this story change.
-
My friends drive away, but we are no longer on a beach, we are in a hallway with wooden floors. I am a normal sized person and my friends are itty bitty. They are driving a hot wheels car. We have miles of hallway to go before we get back to the hotel lobby. Spread across every hallway floor are toys, mostly other hot wheel cars but also other toys. My friends keep driving. I run behind them. Someone mentions that the man in charge and his goons are behind us in his own car. He isn't in sight, I just hope we can keep the speed and never see him. I close doors as we go, so to slow the bad man down. We come to a bathroom and the car stops. "Look at that," someone says. Behind the toilet is a giant black spider. I get my friends out of the van they are in and rush down the hall to find another hot wheels car. I find one that opens from the top. It looks like a fast car. They get in. They start to drive. It is a fast car, so fast that I can't even keep up. They drive out of sight. All I can hear is the buzz of the little engine in the distance. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment