expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Field Trip

Dream 6-17-13



Today my class is taking a field trip to a museum. We make it to the front desk. Everybody gets registered. My friend Anthony and I are the last in line. We have some trouble with our paperwork. The class leaves without us. We hurry. When our registration is finally completed, we start towards the grand lobby. There are people everywhere. We are having trouble finding out classmates. The hall is set up like a palace, with one set of stairs leading down onto the main floor and the one set on the opposite side of the room leading into the main door of the museum. We stand on one set of stairs and think we see some of our friends on the opposite stairs. We rush down the stairs, through the lobby floor, pushing our way through gobs of people on the path. We run up the stairs and through the main door. Several hallways lay before us. We are lost. We start to run down various halls until we finally stumble upon our class.
-
The museum tour comes to an end. We all make it to the main floor of the lobby. It's lunchtime. On one side of the hall are an enormous buffet of delicious food and even more yummy desserts. The teacher tells us to take all the food we want, but whatever we do, do not take any of the desserts. I wait until the class takes a nap on the lobby floor then I make my way over to the dessert buffet. It's full of caramel brownies and chocolate peanut clusters and cookies. I grab one of each. I pour chocolate syrup over everything. Cover it in saran wrap and stuff it into my backpack. I will eat these when the time is right. The class starts to wake up. The teacher tells us that the field trip is over and we need to make our way to the bus. We all run to the bus as if it were a race. I try to find a seat in the back but instead settle for the third row from the back. I sit by myself. Somebody says they smell chocolate. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment