expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Jailbird

Dream 2-6-14




A friend and me are in a toy store. Walking down one of the aisles, we decide to scale the store shelves and climb into the ceiling. My friend goes first. He climbs the toy shelf and successfully makes it. My turn. I climb the toy shelf and just as I'm about to pull myself up into the ceiling, the tile comes loose and I fall down into the toys, knocking over the shelf.
The employees of the store come and tell me that I have to pay a vacations worth of money for the damage that I caused. I don't argue. I just pay it.
Now I am a criminal. The authorities are after me everywhere I go. They're chasing me. In this city, there are many hotels. I walk into one and head toward the elevators. I press the "up" button. Ding. I get into the elevator and press the 47th floor.
I am now on the top floor. The cops are just minutes behind me. I must find an escape. I find a door to the outside. I walk onto the roof of the hotel. I am 47 stories above the city. Just as the cops get to me, I jump. I now have a parachute, I pull it and glide toward the ground of another hotel. In a James Bond-like manner, I land on the sidewalk, take off the parachute and brush myself off. 
I walk into another hotel to the front desk. I purchase a room for the night. They give me a room. I make my way up to the sixth floor where my room is. In the lobby on the sixth floor is a restaurant, in fact, there are restaurants on every floor. I get to my room and finally feel comfort that no one knows where I am.
I now have a friend with me. An accomplice. Julia Roberts.
Julia and I walk aimlessly through the hotel. For no reason, we just walk. We come to a buffet on one of the floors. I steal a roll. I feel bad for stealing, so I pay the cashier. He says I gave him more money than the roll is worth, so I can take some more food. I take another roll. I come to a sandwich buffet where there are several options for meat, cheese and bread. I grab a handful of meat, followed by a handful of cheese, then I grab two pieces of rye bread and finish it off. I eat the sandwich as me and Julia wander the hotel. 
The cops find out where I'm staying. They come for me. As they make it to the sixth floor where my room is, I walk out the front door to a black Cadillac where I find Julia. I get into the car and Julia and I drive off never to be seen again. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment