expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, March 18, 2017

High School Blues

Dream 3/16/2017




     In high school, I walk to my locker to get the books for my next class. I see that my top locker is open which is weird because I never use my top locker due to the lock that I can never get open. I walk to my next class. I open the door and realize I'm in the wrong class. The room I am standing in is an advanced college English class. Everyone is staring at me. They all yell at me to get out, telling me that I don't belong here, that this class is for smart people. I need to go to the "regular" English classroom.

     I have a homework assignment to take something from the school and refurbish it into something new. A fellow student offers to help me. We grab a metal trashcan and sit on the gym floor. He does all the work. He turns the trashcan into a colorful tree with animals and fruit springing from it.

     I walk out to the student parking lot and my guitar and amp are set up to play. I pick up my guitar and the strings shock my hands when I strum them. As I continue to play, fire shoots from my amp. A guy named Matt walks over and asks to play my guitar. I warn him that something is wrong with it. As he begins to play, fire once again shoots from the amp and smoke starts billowing from the guitar. He puts it down and leaves.

     I start to pack everything up into my Jeep. A fellow student named Tim offers to give me a ride home. He jumps into my Jeep, as do I. I ask him if he has ever driven a Jeep before and warn him that he can't make speedy sharp turns or he could tip the vehicle. I tell him that I know three people who have died from flipping their Jeeps. He drives me home taking a different way than I take. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment