expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Blizzard

Dream 3/2/2017



     My mom and I go out for a drive on a harsh winter night. A blizzard has recently made its way through our town and left snow covering the roads.

     I think my mom wants to do some Christmas shopping so I point out a store that I see called "Parents, Have You Been Good?" It sounds like a Christmas store to me. My mom doesn't want to shop there. We drive to an office instead. Creed Bratton from "The Office" and from the band "The Grass Roots" works here. On most of the computers in the workplace, the desktop contains files having to do with the state of Texas. The files are named "All About Texas," "1000% Texas," and other files that hint at the idea of visiting or moving to the lone star state.

     Mom and I drive around the back of the office following a road that is hard to see. It's clear that no snow plows have been through here. The only way to read the road is from previous car tracks. We go up onto a hill. At the bottom of the hill is a giant lake. As we start to descend the hill, our car starts spinning out of control. We come closer and closer to the lake until BAM! We are in it. Very quickly our truck is submerged in water.

     We travel back in time to where we were at the office with Creed Bratton. We are outside the office in the back walking through the snow. Creed starts singing a song to the melody of those old Dominoes buffalo wings commercials. "Gotta be! gotta be! Dominoes! buffalo wings!" Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment