expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, March 30, 2017

The Varsity

Dream 3/30/2017



     I've come to watch a high school soccer game. First the varsity girls are up and then the varsity guys. I run around on the court a bit before the game starts. When I look at the girls on the team I become self-conscious and tell myself to get in shape. I start planning in my head to run more and go to the batting cages to practice my baseball skills so that maybe I could go out for the team. The game starts. I sit in the bleachers. Turns out it isn't a soccer game but rather a hockey game. There isn't any ice on the court, instead, it is just a normal, wooden gym floor.

     During the game, a girl from the stands stands up and makes an announcement. She raises a book in the air and says it was written by her friend and she needs our support. I think her friend is sick. I watch the game some more. It is three vs three. I always thought hockey games had more people on the court than that. A little girl on the bottom bleacher raises up a sign to the rest of the fans. Her sign has about a hundred words on it and they are small. Most people wouldn't be able to read it. I hear her talk to one of the older girls saying, "I brought my sign but they won't let me show it because there are too many words."

     I decide to leave before the game is done. I walk down a hallway and get into an elevator. I hear a family walking close behind. I try to shut the elevator door before they get in but in a panic I push a bunch of random buttons and nothing happens. The family walks into the elevator. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment