expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Marathon

Dream 3/2/2017



     I am running a marathon today along with the rest of my school. It is also the last day of school. I am near the front of the pack of runners. Near the end of the race I get confused about which direction to take. The layout of the course is done very poorly. No one knows where to go. I run up onto a highway, although there are no cars. I hit a dead end. I run back down and start asking people where the race ends. They tell me that it ends at a nearby school.

     As I enter the school and run through the finish line, I pretend to run in slow motion and hum very loudly the melody to "Chariots of Fire." The people at the finish line laugh as I run through. Several teachers are sitting near the finish and I go and sit on one of their laps. After this, I need to fill out "end of school year" papers. I get my papers and take them back to the teacher.

     I need to go and visit my sister, brother-in-law and nieces and nephews to see their new house. The house looks downright creepy. The walls and floor are dark wood with no paint. There doesn't seem to be any working lights. Everybody shows me their rooms. My brother-in-law opens a hatch in the floor that leads to the cellar. He tells me that this will be a room for two of the kids. I ask him if he is joking but he genuinely thinks it's a great idea.

     I leave the house and head back toward town. My teacher stops me and tells me that I forgot to turn in one paper. I quickly fill it out and submit it. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment