expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Performance

Dream 8/6/2017



My friend, Tim, is performing today. He has chosen a few of his close friends to perform alongside him, me being one of them. Many girls from our school have showed up to support Tim as well.

I am trying to figure out what to wear. I have a few shirts and ties but in the end, I decide to wear all black. Black collared shirt. Black tie. Black shoes. At one moment, before the show, another classmate is making fun of me in front of the girls. He asks me, "so Keith, did you go to college?" I give him a look as if to say, "I don't want to talk about this here in front of everyone." He continues to press the issue. I say, "yes I did but I dropped out because I hated it. Just like I hated high school." He starts to laugh. Some of the girls berate me for my life choices. I feel disgusting in this moment. Like a first class failure.

The show begins. We are on top of a stage that is floating in the sky. Tim is doing all sorts of odd tasks. Like taking objects and throwing them over the side into water. Kicking worms along the stage and calling them kids. I really don't understand this performance. Dream ends.

I wake up.

1 comment :