expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Just Beyond The Trees

Dream 8/22/2017




I am living in a time when great war has killed off major population centers around the world. Now, there are a few people scattered here and there. Gangs of evil men roam the earth as well.

I am living off the land. I've found an abandoned tree house-like structure. I climb up onto the second floor and that is where I sleep. I can't sleep on the third floor because there is no roof. The rain would surely get me. I do have a couple of friends.

I herd sheep. It's a nice way to have clothing and the occasional lamb chop. One day, I walk down a hill near my pasture. I've never entered this area before because of the high brush. When I get to the bottom of the hill, I find myself in a dense, dark forest. I see wolves just beyond the trees.

Evil men have come onto our land. We know these men. They know us. My two friends and I hide in a small shack. Two of the evil men walk up to the shack. At first, I don't think they see us. We keep very still. Then, the evil man opens the door. He aims his gun at my friend's head and shoots. He closes the door. My friend is dead. The evil man opens the door again, aims his gun at my other friend and shoots. He is dead. The evil man knows that I am here but decides to keep me alive. I guess to him, the gift of loneliness and grief is much worse than death itself. The evil men leave my land.

I jump into a large front loader. I don't think it is mine. It must belong to the evil men. I drive away from my land forever, looking for a new place to call home. The evil men are on my trail and they are blazing down the country roads in search of me.

I come across a man in a semi-truck. I will call him "Bill." I tell Bill who I am and what I've been through. He allows me to join his people. I follow him back to his home. He opens his barn doors for me to hide the front loader. As I jump out of the loader and exit the barn I tell him that I am a hard worker and I won't be any trouble. Bill's wife is here as well.

The next day, our village goes to work. We travel down the road a bit to a small farm plot. Just when we get there, the evil men in search of me show up. They ask Bill if he or his people has seen me. At this time, I am in a large truck. Two kids are with me. I slowly open the doors and let them out. I keep my face hidden by a yellow toboggan hat I am wearing. The men walk around the farm to have a look. I stand perfectly still next to the a truck, hoping they don't walk my way.

The evil men leave. I am free at last. Our people get to work. Bill calls me over to pick up a pile of dirt and leaves with a bobcat skid steer. Dream ends.

I wake up


No comments :

Post a Comment