expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Lake Town

Dream 8/17/2017



I stand with my family inside our pastor's house. Another family sings for the pastor. Then another family. Then another one. The spotlight then moves to me and my family. I didn't prepare anything and I'm pretty sure the rest of my family forgot as well. I start improvising. I begin to tell some jokes but realize after I've told them that they are crude. I sing a Johnny Cash song. The pastor is not thrilled with my performance. Later on, I apologize to the pastor for what I've done. He tells me, "you know, you did some really bad things." I agree with him.

Near this pastors house is a lake. Me and some others run and jump into the cold, refreshing water. I tell the others of my great swimming ability. We swim to the other side. I like this town. I never knew that Indiana had a town this interesting.

A bunch of teenagers and young adults in the community are holding an Olympic-style competition. They are now picking teams. They ask me whose team I want to be on. I join my friend's sister, Ashley's team. She is very athletic and I trust her as the team captain. I notice something odd as the teams are coming together. The other team has about eight members while we only have three. I have no idea how this has occurred.

The first event of the competition is one that involves the lake. Out near the middle of the lake are two buoys. Attached to these flotation devices are round, wooden objects. One team member from each team has to race out to the buoy, grab the object and bring it back. When they return, the next person will go. There are about four objects attached. Halfway through the competition, our team is confused as to whose turn it is. I decide to skip the guessing and go for it. I run out and swim to the middle of the lake. When I get to buoy, I swill down to grab the wooden object. I grab it. I notice that there is only one more. We are ahead of the other team. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment