expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Swell Timing

A Dream from My Past




I'm walking through a large, empty mall with my mom. We sit down at the food court and talk. We decide to leave the mall. We walk and walk and walk and walk. When we get to the entrance, she remembers that we parked at the other entrance. I decide to wait while she gets the car.

I'm walking up a snowy trail in Middletown, Indiana. There is a house on my left but I don't know who lives there. I keep walking. I think about the movie Schindler's List.

I browse the shelves at a local, used bookstore hoping to find an interesting read. I pull one from the shelf. It's King Kong. I loved the movies but never knew there was a book. I buy it.

I'm in the basement of a youth pastors house. I'd say about forty teenagers are here listening to the pastor speak. Another kid insults me. I decide to leave. As I'm walking up the stairs, the whole group of teenagers erupt into a brawl. Swell timing. Dream ends.

I WAKE UP

No comments :

Post a Comment