expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Timber

Dream 2/16/2017




        It's Easter holiday. A large group of friends and family gather at my old house in Middletown, Indiana. Much of our stuff is still here.

        I walk to the family room, which used to be the garage. I look out the french doors to the large backyard. I see a truck. Whose truck is that? I see two men chopping down a tree. It's one of our favorite trees that holds a tire swing that was hung by my dad. I walk to the front room and ask my sister if she hired lumberjacks to cut down the tree. She didn't. We run to the backyard and call the men inside. We ask them why they're cutting down our tree. They said they were hired to do it. My sister jumps in and says, "no, I didn't hire anyone to cut it down." They suddenly change their story and say the previous owner hired them. I ask them what the previous owners name is. One of the men looks at me and smiles as if to say you caught me, Chief. "You slick piece of shit," I say to him. We tell them to get out of our home.

        I'm having a serious craving for something sweet. I grab a bowl of caramel ice cream. When I'm finished, I join the rest of the group in the kitchen but I'm still hungry. I start hunting through the refrigerator and freezer. I find another box of caramel ice cream. I look for my bowl and see it on the table next to my grandpa. It still has remnants of ice cream coating the inside. I reach to grab it when grandpa starts joking and says, "no, it's my bowl. It's my ice cream," he says. I let out a snicker and take the bowl. I enjoy my second round of the frozen dessert. Dream ends.

I WAKE UP

No comments :

Post a Comment