expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Paperback Writer

Dream 2/11/2017




     The town I am in is nearly empty. Dead. Nobody is here except for the ferry operators. The ferry is a hover ship. It hovers twenty feet above the ground. I take the ferry and tour the ghost city.

     In South Africa, I visit a library. Whenever I visit a bookstore or library, especially one in another part of the world, I like to check if they have any of my published books. I move down the last names of each book on the shelf until I get to "Laverty." Wow, they have one. All the way in South Africa. I grab it. It's my guitar tutorial book. It teaches beginning guitar students how to play chords and then songs with those chords. This particular book seems to have been used a lot. The pages are frazzled and there are papers left inside, probably from the last user.

     The clerk asks if I want to check that one out. I mention that I'm just looking at it because I wrote it. He is pleasantly surprised and tells me that I can just have it if I want. I tell him, "no, it looks like it's getting good use here." I put it back on the shelf. Dream ends.

I WAKE UP

2 comments :

  1. Cool dream! I bet you'll have your own books on shelves in countries all over the world someday. Very prophetic.

    ReplyDelete