expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Obstacle

Dream 2/2/17



     Today my class has taken a field trip to place with a bookstore inside a gymnasium. A friend of mine, who died several years ago, is back from the dead. I ask him what Heaven is like. He answers, "if you had muscles when you died, you will have those same muscles up there." I say, "What if you didn't have muscles?" He responds, "you can buy new ones." Right then, another friend comes to inform me that one of my stories has been published in a book. I go and buy it. I've spent so much money today on souvenirs. I open up the book and read my story. It's about a military commander during one of the great wars.

     Something else here is a giant obstacle course that reaches as high as the sky. It has so many levels to it and each level is different. There are several pathways to the top. Whoever gets to the top gets a prize. I start. I am determined to make it. I know I was never athletic but this is my chance to show my friends that I'm not a waste of skin. Different people go different ways. At one point I am with one group of people and at other points I'm with another. The obstacle course can trick you as well. It can make you think that a slide will take you downward, something that you wouldn't want, but then it could take you to a spot that has an easy access to the next level. The group I am in hits a dead end or a spot that we don't want to traverse. I take a slide that I think will take me back to the spot that I was just at, but instead, it takes me several levels down. I am so frustrated. But I am even more determined. I climb back up.

     I make it to the trickiest part of the course. It looks like one of those big slides you find at the fair but with the material of a bouncy house. The trick is that the people who have made it up faster are at one side of the slide with dodge balls. They throw the balls at the people coming down and if the sliders get hit, they have to return all the way to the ground to start again. The sliders have to slide on rafts. Several people can slide at once. If one makes it to the other side without getting hit, there is a conveyor belt that will take them up a few levels. It gives you time to rest and breathe. A girl from my class comes sliding from the other side to my side, I don't think she is looking, so I grab a ball and throw it at her. Right then, she turns and catches the ball. That means that I must go back down to the ground level. I am so disappointed that I want to cry. I feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

     There is a giant exit slide that takes you far down. I sit and slide. I pass some others on the way. It doesn't take me all the way to the bottom level, just a few levels above. So I explore those levels and take slides down. When I get to the second level, I find a hidden room with a hole in the floor. I look down the hole, at the bottom is a giant cushion. I jump down. I land on the ground level. I start heading over to the start once again. Everyone on the ground floor is playing a round of paint ball or dodge ball. There is a kid with a running chainsaw. He almost slices me with it on accident. I let a few expletives fly his way, telling him how stupid he is for using a running chainsaw so carelessly. I get to the start again. I remember thinking that It is going to take me hours before I get back to the point where I was eliminated. I begin. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment