expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, February 6, 2017

Basketball Tryouts

Dream 2/6/2017



     I walk into Liberty's high school gymnasium ready to tryout for the basketball team.

     So many more people are here than just the ones trying out. The bleachers are full. The coach hands out practice jerseys to the first group for the scrimmage. I'm not in this scrimmage so I find a place in the bleachers to sit, next to some friends. The players start to scrimmage.

     Our team is the terminators. Several people in the stands hold terminator memorabilia from the movies to cheer for the players. A couple of girls walk up the bleachers wearing terminator cyborg masks. The students around them cheer while the girls find their seats. I'm sure they just bought those at Target or Walmart. I look down and see a girl watching a video on her phone. I can hear it as well. The video she is watching is of a dream that I had earlier this night.

     During the scrimmage, the gymnasium lights start flickering on and off until finally the gym goes pitch black. The hallway lights on the second floor of the school are still on, so I don't know if a fuse blew or if a couple of students are in the hallway where the light switch resides, and they are just messing around. The players continue their game in the dark. I don't know how they can see at all, but I guess the tryouts must go on. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment