expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Prom Nightmare

Nightmare 2/25/2017



     A large gathering of students is taking place at the local high school. I believe it's prom although nobody is dressed up. A group of guys from my class (some of which are friends) pull guns from their coats and start firing at the students. I run to a stairwell and hide myself while I call 911. After I get off the phone I make a run for the entrance of the school but for some reason make my way down into the basement instead. I walk through a maze of hallways in the dank, dusty under-structure of the school. Behind me I can hear the shooters, they're all walking down the stairs. I hide in a dark alcove and hope they don't find me.

     They do. But they don't seem to mind me being there. Perhaps it's because I am friends with many of them. Screech Powers, from "Saved By The Bell," is the leader of their group.

     I pull out a guitar and start to play. I listen to their plans. They have rigged bombs in the basement to blow. The whole school will collapse on itself. They're going for the Eric and Dylan bombs in the Columbine cafeteria strategy, however, this time it may work. They plan on dying, all of them. I don't. After playing the guitar for a while, I make up an excuse to leave. I say, "I'll be right back, I need to go get a pick, my thumb is starting to hurt from strumming." They don't seem to mind at first, but as I make my way through the maze of tunnels and hallways of the basement, I suddenly hear them behind me. I run back up the stairs to the entrance of the school.

     The police are here, but before I can tell them what the killers plan to do, the bombs start to blow. I run as fast as my body will allow, as far as I can away from the school. When I look back I see the whole building in a blaze of fire. I don't see anybody outside of the building. I must be the only one who made it.

     I run to a nearby neighbors house to call the police again. He takes me into his cellar where I meet a friend who I haven't seen for years. Eventually, we leave the cellar and go about our business. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment