expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Cops In The Marsh

Dream 9/3/2017



My friend, Derek, and me are driving around town. We drive in an area that used to be rural but now is being fixed up by the city. New stores and restaurants are being added. I tell Derek that I wish they didn't keep doing this, I like the country the way it is, soon there won't be any country. We keep driving.

I see a Marsh. I haven't been to a Marsh in years. I make fun of the store. We laugh. I then remember that I like their cookies. I tell Derek to pull into Marsh. Before we pull into the grocery store, Derek wants some food. He enters a fast food restaurant, asks me what it's called. "I think it is Fazolis," I tell him. When we get closer we see that it is an Asian restaurant called "King Noodle" or something like that. Derek walks in and gets a huge dish of something. The amount of food that he buys is nuts.

We pull into Marsh. The grocery store has a parking garage so we go there. We enter the store and don't end up buying anything. I lose Derek while I am in there and eventually go back out to the car. As I am walking toward the car, I see a police cruiser parked next to us. When I get even closer, I see the cops searching through our belongings. I try to be as polite as possible. I hear the cop that is searching through the trunk say, "ok, we need to talk about these." He holds up a bunch of medicine. "Is it Sodium Bicarbonate?" I ask. "Yes it is," he replies in such a way as to hint that I am in big trouble. He walks over to me. I tell him that I have kidney failure and I am on a lot of medicine. He pulls a pen and notebook and asks what medicines I am currently taking. I go down the list, one by one. By the time I am finished, the cop understands that I am not a drug user or abuser.

At this time the parking garage is filled with kids and teenagers playing. The cop that was taking my information becomes more like a friend. He points to a wall, "hey do you see that spot right there?" He goes on to tell me something that I don't quite understand. He then borrows a soccer ball from one of the kids. He dribbles it down the lot and kicks it like a boss. The ball hits the wall with such power and force I can actually feel the vibrations from where I am standing. I now understand what he was telling me before. He caused a large dent in the wall by kicking a soccer ball. Brilliant. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment