expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

My Father's Business

Dream 9/19/2017



My dad and his wife have built a business. It is unclear what the business is. I visit his work one day. I have to admit, his workplace is huge. It looks like a warehouse the size of an airport. My dad and I walk up to the top story which houses many bedrooms. In my mind, I wish I could live in one of these rooms. The floor beneath my feet is not stable. I fall through the floor boards but my dad catches me. He lowers me down to the next floor.

I am near a room where scientific experimentation is occurring. I haven't been told to stay away from that area but I feel that I should. I walk down escalators to a basement. In the basement is a large room where two teams have just finished a soccer match. I have a water bottle but then I don't. The bottle ended up on the other side of the room. I walk over there and pick it up but then I see several bottles. I walk over to a storage closet and find dozens of boxes of soda and water. This is where the company stores their beverages for parties and functions. I have the feeling that I stole something from my dad's business. I carry on.

I walk to another basement. This basement is much darker, colder and more unsettling. It's reminiscent of the basement in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. Everything is disorderly and without purpose. I stand at the bottom of the stairs and drop some items from my hands. As I bend down to pick them up, my sister, Morgan, walks down the stairs. She sees that I am sad. She tries to comfort me. We talk about a man that works here named Jon. This basement is where Jon works but he is not here. We walk up the stairs. I walk through the workplace and see a man sitting in a cubicle. His name plate reads "Jon." Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment