expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Stage Fright

Dream 1/1/17




My mom is getting married. My only wish is to be in the band that plays for her wedding.

The day of the wedding arrives. I walk into the banquet hall and hear the band. They sound terrific. I see my cousin Matt is the lead singer. I tell a stranger lady that I want to play electric guitar. She brings me up to the stage and tells Matt that I want to play electric guitar. He's fine with it. I grab an acoustic-electric guitar lying on the ground. He tells me to take his guitar. We trade. "Play any song you want, man," he says to me. I ask him if he knows "Island In The Sun" by Weezer. He knows the song but he doesn't know how to play it.

eventually, I just start to play. Everything I do on the guitar sounds horrible. As Matt and the band continue to play, I just try to keep up. Many people in the crowd start laughing. Days later they would still be talking about how bad the guitar player was. One person even told me to go kill myself.

Standing in a museum with my family, I wonder if I am good at anything. My family reminds me of my bowling trophies. They show them to me to make me feel better. One is a normal trophy but the other two are worth a lot of money. They are made of ivory. One is worth $9,000.00 and the other $39,000.00. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment