expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Sunshine On My Shoulders

Dream 12.8.2017



My family is on vacation in a beach community. I believe Florida. My mom and I go browse some of the nearby shops. I look at a sign that says "Men's Watches." Everything below the sign is for women, not men. I eventually find a Timex watch that I like with a band that changes colors. I show my mom. She buys it for me. It will be a Christmas present. I look at my new watch and a new pair of blue jeans, both purchased by my mom and think to myself that I am pretty blessed.

We return to the hotel room, which is literally ten feet from the ocean. I walk out, prop my elbows up on the handrail and look out at the beach. There is a couple of strangers standing near me. My social anxiety creeps up and I walk back into the hotel room.

My family goes to the beach. My sisters and I keep asking our parents if we can get into the water but they won't let us. They worry about our safety. We walk down the beach. I look out toward the ocean. There is now a canal between the sand and the ocean. The canal comes onto the land and enters a dark tunnel. Boats that are designed to look like giant sharks are exiting the tunnel and headed for the ocean. My sisters and I run down the canal. My parents stay on the beach.

We find ourselves under a bridge where many young people are sitting around, talking and playing games. A beautiful black girl comes over to me. Out of nowhere, I kiss her on the lips. Her breath is terrible. She asks me where the locker rooms are. I look over my shoulder. I point her in the right direction. Dream ends.

I wake up


No comments :

Post a Comment