expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Dead End

Nightmare 12.8.2017


I am living in what I can only guess is a submarine or an old, turn-of-the-century steamer. The hallways are dark and cold. The floors and walls are metal. The ship isn't necessarily abandoned but it's also not beaming with life.

I pick my own room. I choose a room and decorate it. I've turned a bland, colorless room into a cool man cave. It's a place in which any man would be proud. There are three doors in my room. The main door leads to the rest of the ship, where everyone else exists. Another door leads to a large conference room that nobody uses anymore. The last door, leads to a corner of the ship, a dead end, that has been forgotten. I regret choosing this area to make my room because of the door that leads to that dead end, dark, scary corner of the ship.

I have my mom over to show her my room. She is impressed. She is happy for me. I tell her that I have six or seven other bedrooms. The door to the dead end is open. The light from my room illuminates part of the hallway but quickly fades to darkness. In the midst of smiles and laughter, I glance down the dark hallway and see a black mass. A monster staring back at me. I grab my mom and we run. We run toward the part of the ship where everyone else exists. Where there is life again. Closing and locking every possible door behind us.

We hide quietly in a random room, hoping that the monster will simply pass us by. After a long time, we walk into a room where a high school friend, Korie, lives. The monster is lying on her floor, motionless. It has changed shape into a morbidly obese woman. It looks similar to Ursula from The Little Mermaid. Korie tells us that she sucked the air out of the monster and spit it into the DVD player. Nightmare ends.

I wake up


No comments :

Post a Comment