expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Sleep Talk Halloween Special



For the first time in the history of the Sleep Talk blog, I am going to document another person's dreams, my mothers.

In the year 1996, my mom and me were sitting on my bed talking and she decided to tell me of a series of nightmares that she had had several years earlier, before I was born. When she told me the dreams, I was so unnerved that I jolted out of my bed and left the room. Since that night, I have never forgotten them.

The series of nightmares occurred within a week in the year 1987. At the time, my father worked nights and my mom was home alone with my older sister, Kristen,  a newborn.

The following is told by my mother's perspective.


First Night

I'm lying in bed late at night. My husband is at work. I am alone. I hear the front door slam downstairs. Dream ends.

Second Night

I'm lying in bed late at night. My husband is at work. I am alone. I hear the front door slam downstairs. I hear footsteps trudging up the stairs toward my bedroom. Dream ends.

Third Night

I'm lying in bed late at night. My husband is at work. I am alone. I hear the front door slam downstairs. I turn over in my bed and through the darkness, see a man sitting on a stool in the corner of my room. I can't make out his face. I hear footsteps trudging up the stairs. I hear someone come into my room. He walks over to my bed. I turn over, look up and see a man standing by my bedside. He gets in bed with me. Dream ends.

Fourth Night

I'm lying in bed late at night. My husband is asleep next to me. I look and see a man standing in the doorway to the hall. Dream ends.

I wake up



On the fourth night, my mom was so startled from her dream, she woke up screaming. My dad calmed her. They then walked through the house and prayed over each room. After that night, the series of nightmares ended.

Happy Halloween From Sleep Talk

No comments :

Post a Comment