expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, October 28, 2017

On The Rocks

Dream 10/28/2017



We are in a stadium. Some friends are up in the stands. I've come down to the floor to search for money. There is a big maple tree on the main floor. Around it's base is a layer of old, composted leaves. I dig through the leaves and find a quarter. Enthusiastically, I catch my friends attention from the stands and show them what I've found. I continue digging. I dig down deep. I feel something. I think it is several quarters. I pull it up. In my hands are several minerals and gem rocks. They are shaved as if taken to a saw mill. They are heavy. If I learned anything from Jurassic Park it is this. If they are heavy, they are expensive. On the rocks, I notice price tags. One is $400.00. Another is $4000.00. I've hit a gold mine.

The President of the United States's office is right outside the stadium. I walk into the Oval office and find John F. Kennedy sitting there. I show the president what I have found. I think I'm hoping that since he is such a powerful man, he can pay me. A man walks into the office in a fury. I believe he is either a former president or in line to be president. He is angry at JFK. He and the president exit the office to have an argument.

When the office is empty, several teenagers and young adults come into the office. They are told that they cannot be here. In a whiny manner, one girl yells, "it's a free country!" I walk outside to a parking lot. I see JFK and the man arguing in a car. It's getting heated. I don't know if I should interrupt them or not about the kids in the office. I walk back into the Oval. Now the kids are taking things from the office. One girl takes the presidents chair. I walk over to where I laid the expensive rocks. Half of them are missing! I run out to where the argument is taking place. "Mr. President," I start, "people are stealing things from your office!"

JFK exits the car. He walks furiously toward his office. He takes the long way. When we get to his office, it is completely empty. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment