expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, June 9, 2017

Street Vendor

A Dream From The Past



I'm in Anderson, Indiana near my old high school walking toward the Mounds mall area. It is night and I'm not in a safe area so I have a bit of stress on me. In between my school and the mall lies a little alley that connects the two. Walking down the alley I see a woman with a hot dog cart selling hot dogs and polish sausages. Most of the people in the alley, the late night bar crowd, eat from her cart.

I stop at the cart and order two hot dogs with everything. The lady makes me a variation of the LA Street Dog. She first puts mustard on it, covered in grilled onions and green and red bell peppers. She then asks me if a Dr. Pepper is okay for my drink. I approve. She hands me a can of Dr. Pepper.

Later on that night, I see that the hot dog cart is there but the woman is gone. I explore her cart. I find a package of pepper jack cheese laying out. I think it's gone bad. I make myself a hot dog with the grilled onion and peppers. I check out the frig and see an assortment of sodas. I grab a Sprite. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment