expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Spring Musical

Dream 6/14/2017



My school is performing "The Wizard of Oz" for our spring play. I have the role of a munchkin. Although my lines are short, I plan on doing a great job, as they say, "There are no small roles, only small actors." Those involved in the play stay late at the school to practice. We practice in a large room several stories tall. The set looks real. It looks as if we are in a real town inside our school.

After rehearsal, everyone is talking about how a girl named Taylor is going to sleep over in the school so that she can practice her lines the next day. A boy named Josh is going to do the same. The kids look through the window of one of the set pieces. Through the window we see several stories down into a large basement-like place. We watch Taylor as she lies on a sleeping bag in the basement.

I call my mom to come pick me up but the car she was driving has broken down and she will be unable to do so. I decide to stay the night in the school. I climb up into a balcony on one of the set pieces and fall asleep. The next morning, I hear Taylor walking below the balcony. She sees me. I tell her how the car wouldn't work so I had to spend the night here. I swing down on a rope but I don't let go. I just keep swinging around the room like Tarzan. Taylor laughs.

I look at my script. I've highlighted my lines so I can easily find them. I see lines that are highlighted that I myself did not highlight. There appear to be more lines than just the munchkin. I am also playing the part of an evil pirate. I show Taylor. We both think this is odd. Dream ends.

I wake up. 

No comments :

Post a Comment