expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, October 31, 2014

Prom Night

Dream 10/31/2014





It's prom night.

     This prom night is dedicated to my friends parents because they are dying of cancer.

     The way it works tonight is the guy stands by the right side of the entrance and a girl who wants to be with him for the night goes and stands by the left side. The guy then takes the girls arm and they walk inside.

     It's my turn to see what girl I end up with. My fear is that nobody will choose me. I stand by the right side of the entrance and wait. Silence. Eventually a girl named Katy comes and stands by the left side. I take her arm and we walk inside to prom.

     Now inside, we're walking around aimlessly. We find where couples are getting their pictures taken. We step in front of the camera. I pull Katy to me and hold her tight. Some of the other couples hoot and holler. As we walk away, my friend James says, "what happened to the guy I knew at the Honor Academy?" (an internship I attended from 2008-2009) I respond to him, "I think he's still back at the HA."

     Katy and I trek to the front of the auditorium. It's the size of four football fields. It takes us forever but we finally get there. At the front of the auditorium, a Broadway play is being performed. I guess Katy gets bored because now she wants to walk to the back of the auditorium. She walks ahead of me. 
I lay down on the floor, get up and walk to the back.

     I find Katy in a little open room with graffiti covering the walls. I notice one of the sayings on the wall has my name in it. I sit down with her. She looks upset. I try to hold her but she pulls away. She says, " I'm mad at you because I graffiti'd this wall for you and you didn't even notice." I'm dumbfounded. Where did she get the spray paint. I respond, "I didn't even know that this was you who did this." She's not satisfied with my response so she gets up and walks away. I only have one lingering thought running through my head, women are crazy. Dream ends

I wake up 

No comments :

Post a Comment