expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, October 23, 2014

I Will Always Remember

(I have had several dreams about September 11, 2001 in the past. The following is the most realistic of those dreams.)

Dream 10/23/2014




     I'm in a bus that's driving through New York City. It's crowded. Full of people. 
All of a sudden, a violent tremor-like wave shoots through the bus. People fall from their seats to the center aisle. Bodies lay on each other. Men, women and children. Without warning, we are covered in ice. (This is the part of the dream that I don't understand.)

     People in the area are freezing to death. Many of them take their last breath in front of me. Adrenaline rushes through my blood. This can't be my end. I push through the crowd to escape the bus. I make it out. The ground is covered in ice. I am naked and cold. I start to run. I don't stop. Eventually, I find myself alone, but I don't stop because I know if I stop, I will die. I run all the way to my apartment.
My roommate isn't here. She should have been home by now. 

     I hear footsteps on the stairs outside my apartment. I look out the window. An older couple, probably in their sixties, and a younger couple, in their late twenties, are walking up the wooden stairs to my apartment. I open the door before I get there. They are too calm for whats happened. They ask if I have any room for them to stay. I tell them I have lodging available. The older gentleman tells of how nice it will be to sleep in a comfy bed tonight. I let him know that I only have one bed but they can still stay if they want. They come inside.

     They begin to tell me how they are here for the festivities downtown. I tell them I think the festivities are cancelled. They are a little bit upset. They ask why. I tell them that terrorists have hijacked two airplanes and driven them into the World Trade Centers. Their faces widen in shock. They stare at me but say nothing. I walk over to the window and open the curtains. You can see the twin towers from my apartment. Smoke billows from a damaged part of the top of the buildings. I can hear several sirens off in the distance.

     I leave my apartment building. I drive toward the towers, maybe to see if their is anything I can do to help. I am very close to the towers. As I am driving, I look up at the south tower. It begins to collapse. I quickly turn my car around, almost hitting several cars in the process. I push the gas pedal all the way to the floor to get away. The north tower falls. But all of a sudden, another building to my right starts to fall, then a building to my left. I drive my car the best I can to avoid being taken out. Several buildings collapse around me, seven altogether. I don't know if i'm going to live through this but eventually the devastation comes to a still. I drive forward. Dream ends

I wake up 

No comments :

Post a Comment