expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, February 19, 2016

Homecoming

Dream 2/19/2016




Tonight is homecoming.

My old school is doing a celebration of all the classes together including those who have graduated. I'm getting ready at my house. I am in the upstairs bathroom. My mom is downstairs. All of a sudden, my phone turns on by itself and starts playing an audio clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sgc1I9sjfc). The clip is an audio sound byte of a supposed woman astronaut that Russia sent into space in 1961. Her space flight encountered problems and her capsule went up in flames. The clip is a recording of her last moments. It is unsettling. It scares me. I run downstairs. My mom is moving an old camper out back. I finish getting ready in the camper bathroom.

I have to be at homecoming by 8 o'clock. I look at my watch. It's 7:56. I stress out and start yelling at my mom, telling her that we need to leave now! 

The school crowds all of its students and alumni onto risers in the gymnasium. My nephews are in pre-k and kindergarten. They stand in front. The school has made food for us but they didn't make enough. They say the alumni can eat first. I grab a bowl and bring it over to my nephews. I let them eat from it. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment