expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, February 5, 2016

Popcorn

Dream 2/5/2016



     I'm out on the town with some friends when I see two girls from my church walk into a Michael's. I leave my friends to pursue the girls. I spot them in a checkout line which is really a "check in" line because the Michael's is actually a movie theater. I say hi to the girls. They don't seem to care. They are very heavy set and not very attractive. One of them is prettier than the other. I don't know if I am pursuing her because I'm slightly attracted to her or because I feel that she has no friends and I feel sorry for her. They buy a ticket for a movie called, "Pilgrim." I've never heard of it but I buy a ticket as well.

     I buy a tub of popcorn, because you can't very well watch a movie without a buttered tub of popcorn. I walk into the theater. It's big and crowded. One of those theaters that you used to see a lot more of, the one with a balcony and a ton of chairs. I walk down one aisle but I don't see them. I start down another when I spot them in the back. I sit with them. They don't seem pleased. The movie starts. It's a cartoon but boring as hell. I can see why I never heard of it. All we need now is angry moviegoers throwing buttered popcorn at the screen.

     The girls invite me back to their place. They are having a bunch of people sleepover. On the way there they talk about video games they play. The games they are talking about are twenty years old, it's as if they haven't discovered the newer PS4 or XBOX1. We get to their house and it is a mansion. It looks like a fancy hotel. The girls have four swimming pools in their bedroom. One pool for each sibling. I am in shock. This was a surprise ending. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment