expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, February 12, 2016

Barbecue

Dream 2/12/2016


I've returned to the Honor Academy.

I walk through the campus and see friends who I haven't seen for seven years. I meet new people as well. I start questioning the decision to return. Maybe I should've gone to Bethel instead.

My family comes to pick me up. We stop near a hospital and start grilling out on the grass. I go for a walk for a moment of solitude. I look back at the barbecue site and see black smoke billowing up. I run to where my brother-in-law was grilling and find my mom's Prius destroyed by fire.

We drive away. The fire has spread from the barbecue site to the hospital.

We pass oncoming fire trucks as we go. We see lines of people evacuating from the building. Hundreds of people watch from the street as the hospital goes up in flames. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment