expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, February 22, 2016

The Time Traveler

Dream 2/22/2016


I am in love with a girl named Beth.

The only issue is that she's eighteen years older than me. So I time travel back to where we would be about the same age. She is both a judge and a contestant on American Idol. I go and watch a taping of the show. When you're up on the stage it's so unbelievable, so unforgettable how they adore you. I watch her and fall more in love with each passing minute.

The show is then interrupted by a voice coming over the intercom. "Attention, ladies and gentlemen, we have just received information that a plane has hit the world trade center." Some ARMY guys are sitting in the row behind me. I can hear them saying, "no, no, it can't be true." Oh it is, I've been here before, I know it all too well. In a few more minutes, they're gonna come back on the intercom and tell you that the other tower has been struck by yet another airplane. Then, when you think it's all over, the voice would come on again telling you to pray for our country because the pentagon has been hit. We're under attack. The towers would fall, taking several other buildings with them, thousands would be dead, the country would be in a panic. You would question whether it was going to stop. Oh God, dear God, how did I time travel back to September 11, 2001. Why did I come back to this awful day.

I follow Beth outside. Her husband is there with her. I flirt with her. She doesn't seem to notice. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment