expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Art of War

Dream 2/7/2016


I've joined America's ARMY. They've shipped me off to a foreign land. I'm not sure what country I'm in. All I know is I am near Germany.

I'm heading up a team of undercover agents. They fill several seats apart from each other in a European diner. The mission is undisclosed. I walk down the aisle of the diner eyeing every agent. Speaking with a look. They know what to do.  Bullets shred through the diner walls leaving dust and debris everywhere. We've been compromised. The agents get up and try to escape. I help everyone that I can.

I walk through the barracks and find my bed. I lie down. The Soldiers are called to attention. I stay in bed. I peek through my covers and see the soldiers standing like statues at the end of their beds. The leader walks in. He questions why I am in bed. The others vouch for me being sick.

My kidneys don't work so I have to dialyze my blood. My nurse, Laurie, is here, she too is a soldier. A nurse I have never seen comes to my bedside and shoves a needle the size of a roofing nail into my arm. It's clear she doesn't know my access as she is pushing the needle in the wrong direction. She gives up and tells me to do it myself. I ask Laurie to do it. She comes over and fixes what the other nurse royally screwed up. Blood starts pumping through the line.

We are all awakened by the sound of gunfire. I undo my dialysis lines. The needle is still in my arm. I grab a handgun and move toward the window where Laurie has a sniper rifle. We start taking out men who encroach on our position. I find that my handgun is not effective for long range. I grab a rifle and one man at a time, I shoot. I kill many of them. We fight until the job is done. Dream ends

"It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting the ultimate practitioner." -Cormac McCarthy

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment