expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, March 12, 2018

Weenie Roast

A Dream From The Past




My father's company is holding a barbecue at our house in Middletown, Indiana. Everyone is having a splendid time. I walk through the party looking for my dad and sister, Kristen. I am unable to locate them. I do some digging and find out that my dad and sister fell into the meat grinder and were killed. Sadness gives me a lovely punch square in the face. I look around. Those attending the party are still having fun. This is a paradox of emotion.

Four beautiful girls and I pack into a car and drive to the mall. We cruise through a parking garage. We drive through the central part of town.

Across the road from where I live is usually a cornfield. Today, it is an ocean. The party-goers gather at the beach. Many of us run up a nearby dock. There is a whale in the water. Some of those at the party wants to kill the whale. I want to save it. I get in the water to rescue the animal. I see my dad and sister on the shore. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment