expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, March 12, 2018

Respect the Wind

A Dream From The Past




My mom and I talk about a paradise that we have visited. A perfect place, except for the many days of rain. I can't recall the name, but it sounds like Hawaii.

We move to Las Vegas. This is the paradise that we believed in, although, the place we described was quite different.

I stand outside in the front yard when off in the distance, I see a black tornado. It isn't clear yet whether the twister is coming our way. I run inside and tell my mom of the storm. My mom, a kid, named Joseph, and I run down into the basement. My sister Kristen is asleep in her bedroom, which is at the entry to the basement. My mom tries to convince her to wake up to avoid the danger. She stays in bed.

While hiding in the corner of the basement, I can hear the tornado getting louder. It is very close to our house. I run to my sister's room and yell at her to get up. To seek shelter. Once again, she declines until she hears the sound of the storm tearing her room apart. She sees how important the situation has become and decides to seek shelter, but it is too late. The black tornado sucks her out of her bedroom window. The rest of us hide.

When the storm is over, we turn into an Italian family. My name is probably Vinny Santoro or something like that. A family friend comes over to ask a favor. He wants to rebuild my sisters demolished bedroom. For how much? He says, $25,000.00. My little Italian brother, standing next to me, assumes that mom will never go for that. I tell him to let me talk to mom and see what I can do. The family friend is pleased.

I walk into my deceased sister's room. Everything is painted white. Glass cupboards and shelves are everywhere. One of our cleaning ladies, an older woman, is in one of the cabinets working. A young cleaning lady walks in. I go to her, and we embrace. I begin to cry. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment