expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Shark Excursion

A Dream From The Past



I'm roaming around Anderson, Indiana with some friends looking for something to do. If I had to guess, I would say it was the 1970's. There is a lot of fun stuff to do here, not like how I remember. The whole city is like one giant amusement park.

Near Applewood, there is a shark ride similar to the JAWS ride at Universal Studios, Orlando. This ride however is much more intense. We are placed in a bus that submerges underwater. The windows are nice and big so we can see everything. Swimming next to the bus is a Great White shark. The size of the beast is enough to take the air from your lungs. We have several more encounters along the way. At one point, I tell the bus driver that the graphics on a nearby television are old. He agrees. He then makes me an honorary co-captain of the bus. He places a button on my shirt to make it official.

The bus comes to a stop next to another bus. The driver says, "if you want to experience the scarier portion of the ride, you can exit this bus and enter the other. If you want the experience to end, stay where you are." I board the other bus. I want fear. I need adrenaline. I sit at the back of the bus near the emergency exit. The bus submerges deeper underwater this time. I look out the back door and there is a giant shark with his mouth stretched wide open, looking for a quick lunch. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment