expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, January 21, 2018

A Close Call

Dream 1.21.2018




My parents, sister, and I go out to eat at a fast-food restaurant. At one point, I try to tell my family something, but they don't listen. I talk louder to grab their attention, but they still don't hear me, so I duck my head under the table. They notice me doing this and ask why. I tell them that they weren't listening to what I had to say.

On the drive back home, my dad gets sick. My mom and I take him to the hospital. I ask my mom where my dad is. She says that she doesn't know. I look in the rearview mirror and see my dad lying in the back seat. I tell my mom that he is back there. She says to me that she knew he was back there. I get in an argument with my mom on why she didn't tell me.

In the hospital, my dad is put in a water tank, much like the bacta tank from The Empire Strikes Back. The doctors are trying to get air into my dad's lungs but are having trouble doing so. My family and I are sobbing. I explore my dad's room. I find two doorways. I open one. It opens to a stairwell leading up. I choose not to open the other door.

The doctors show us a large computer room where they are controlling the tank. Large TV monitors cover the walls. From the atmosphere in the room, I have a feeling that my dad is not going to make it. I walk to the tank in which he is submerged. I close the curtain so no one can see me. I start to pray that he will get well. I hear a man from the computer room say to another, "what is he doing out there?" Within seconds, my dad's condition improves.

My sister tells me that my dad's creatinine level was 55, and that's why the doctors were having trouble getting air into his lungs. I don't think this is right. When my kidneys failed, my creatinine level was 9. My dad walks into his hospital room using a walker, like an elder person proving his excellent health. He doesn't say anything. His hair is slicked back. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment