expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, November 4, 2017

A Place of Retreat

Dream 11/3/2017



I meet with a tall, black man for lunch. He reminds me of Jackie Chiles from Seinfeld. When our meal is finished, we go our separate ways.

My family and I explore a museum. Each room in the building is different from the last. At some point, we get split up. Much of the time, I am on my own.

Later that day, I receive word that the man I had lunched with has died. I am reminded of my own mortality as I always am when this tragic part of life occurs. One moment we are here and the next we are just a memory.

I am told that I need to travel to Cholula hospital. The man that tells me this reminds me that it's an hours drive but he doesn't tell me which direction. I know it is either one way or the other so I chance it. I start driving, hoping that in an hour, I will notice a hospital. Twenty minutes after getting on the road, I notice some schoolmates in the car ahead of me. They start waving their hands frantically. I pull over. They tell me that I am going the wrong way, that Cholula hospital is the other direction.

I park my vehicle and walk home. When I see my mom, I tell her that we need to pick up my car. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment