expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

In The Arms of Love

Dream 11/3/2015



My family is vacationing in a foreign land. Possibly Europe.

     We walk into a town with snow blanketed streets. A man owns the whole place. He rents apartments out to vacationers. We seem to be the only people staying. My aunts, uncles, and cousins are here as well. Each family gets its own apartment. I walk into mine. It's luxurious. Fit for a king. I walk into the bathroom. It's the size of a gymnasium, with a big open space in the middle and all of the bathtubs, showers, sinks, and toilets line the sides of the room.  Near the entrance of the bathroom sit a few hot tubs where a lot of the family are hanging out.

     My cousin points to a bar on one side of the bathroom. He suggests a drink. I tell him to find the strongest thing they've got. We settle on a bottle called "Cognac Hardline." It sounds like the hard stuff. He pours me a glass, but pours way too much. I tell him to stop. I know I won't finish the glass but that's ok. I take a sip. The drink is so hard that it has no taste. I can't pinpoint the flavor. I take a few more drinks.

     Suddenly, I am a woman and I see myself from a third person view. She is attracted to a man who lives in this town. She sees him in a snowy field dancing by himself. She walks to him. She has had too much Cognac Hardline to walk straight. She collapses into his arms. He doesn't know where she is staying so he carries her through the town. Her half opened eyes catches a glimpse of the architecture as they trod through the streets. It's beautiful. Reminds her of 1930's Krakow, Poland.

     They enter his apartment. His neighbors are having a poker night. Drinking and playing cards. Too loud. He quietly closes their door. He gets to his apartment where he lays her down on the bed. He'll most likely take the couch tonight. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment