expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Amish Paradise

Dream 11/18/2015



My family has moved to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

We live in a trailer park. Everyone in the park is friendly and community oriented. My mom joins a group of friends. They want to take her to their clubhouse. I have a bad feeling. As they walk through a field to their club, I run up to my mom and tell her that they are an evil cult. My mom and I run away. Afraid that the cult is chasing us, we hide under a neighbors porch.

Someone is coming. We hear them approaching. A girl lowers her head to see us under the porch. It isn't a cult member, it's a friend of mine that I knew once upon a time in Texas. She brings us to her trailer and lets us clean up. She gives us fresh clothes to wear.

We get in her car and drive. We drive near an amusement park located on a cliff. It was once a great place but has recently started deteriorating. We return to the trailer park.

I go hang out with my Amish friend. His father tells me to grab the net in the shed and catch some fish for dinner. A pond is directly in front of their home. I take the net to the pond and drop it in the water. A grizzly bear sneaks up on me. I run to the Amish home. All of us stand on the porch watching the bear. A baby bear walks up to the porch. We play with it. The Amish father says that he'll catch the fish.

Neighbors from all over the park come to the pond to watch the Amish man fish while avoiding ferocious grizzlies. A man standing next to me says, "hey Keith, haven't seen you in a long time." It startles me because not many people know me. I turn to see who it is. It's a man that I knew back in Anderson, Indiana when I was young. Back then was was socially awkward and nerdy. He's changed a lot. He has gauges in his ears and wears a hoodie.

The Amish man catches the fish. Tables are set up outside the house. The Amish family cooks delicious food. The neighbors find a place to sit and we eat together. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment