expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Transplant

Dream 7/2/2017



My dialysis doctor performs a kidney transplant on me. He does this not in a hospital but in his cabin. After the surgery, I look at my scar. I have a line about eight inches in length on my belly. The cut is deep with staples holding it together. My doctor has instructed me to take it easy. He and several students leave for the day. I have the cabin to myself.

The neighbors ask if they could come over for dinner. I tell them that I need to rest. I shut the big sliding doors and lock them so that nobody will bother me.

A pool party is taking place next door. Tim Allen is there. He carries a water slide over to the deep end of the pool but looks frustrated. The slide doesn't fit. He then carries the slide to the shallow end of the pool. It fits but he is afraid that he will slam into the floor of the pool and hurt himself. He says, "you guys can try it but I'm not going to." I very much want to swim but I am concerned about the stitches on my belly. I don't want them to come undone. I decide against swimming for the time being. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment