expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Elevator Pitch

A Dream From My Past




I run into an old friend from high school one day.

Josh.

He is walking toward an elevator. I run after him to catch up on life. I reach him. We stand in an elevator with several strangers. The doors close. The elevator starts moving downward. Josh immediately hits the "STOP" button on the panel. The elevator comes to an abrupt stop. I'm standing in the corner watching, trying to figure out what is happening. 

Josh pulls out a clear bag full of white powder. Cocaine. Everyone in the elevator pulls out cash. Josh says, "Okay, everyone pass your money to the right." They follow his command. He starts passing around small bags of the cocaine. 

When business is finished, he presses a button to continue the elevators descent. The doors open and Josh exits. I follow him.

In front of us is a group of church goers wearing christian t-shirts. Somebody points out Josh as being a drug dealer. One of the church goers, an old lady, walks over to Josh and starts yelling and demeaning him. Josh doesn't respond. I jump in between them and face the lady. I yell back at her in anger, "If you people would stop condemning people and actually start trying to help them, maybe their wouldn't be so much bad in the world." Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment