expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Room For Rent

Nightmare 4/25/2018



My friends Holly, Lynn and I have just finished a semester of university. Holly has secured me a room in a house full of guys, also strangers. Lynn has furnished the apartment. I go to the house to see it. It is tiny and cluttered, but I like that. 

After the girls leave, I check out the room some more and realize that there is a door in the back. It opens to a staircase leading down. I walk the stairs and find a kitchen right out of the 1950s with red and white checkered tile floors. I walk into another room and find a man cave of sorts. 

I walk through another door, and I am outside but under the house. The house is set up like a coastal home. The first floor is on stilts in case of a hurricane. I walk to one side of the down under and notice my neighbor behind a fence doing a funny dance. I can only hear the noise of their feet pattering the ground. In some odd way, I find it unsettling. 

I walk back to my room. Since I am alone, I check out the rest of the house. I am suddenly overcome with a sense of fear. I don't feel alone, but I don't feel as if the person with me is human or sound. The place I am living in is scaring me. I don't see anything, but I can feel it. I should leave, but I don't. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment