expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Strange and Wonderful

Dream 4/26/2018



I'm in a nearby town. I join a few strangers for pizza at a pizzeria. We sit at a table, which is, at times, inside the restaurant and, at times, outside. A presentation begins showcasing all the strange and beautiful people who have lived in this town. The unusual people start to appear. Giants, thirty feet tall, walk down the road. A man with a tree as a head stands up near where I am sitting. Most of who are talked about are giants. The master of ceremonies talks about how we need to bring more unique people to this town. 

I am in a hotel room with Robert Stack filming an episode of Unsolved Mysteries. We are told a story of a girl who is supposedly buried twenty feet below the floor of this room. The manager of the hotel is present. He suggests that we move the bed over the spot where the girl is buried, and no one will know. We rearrange the room. The bed is tiny and looks as if it was built for little people. I ask the manager if he will tell guests of the buried girl. I say that if I knew I was sleeping twenty feet above a dead body, that I couldn't stay the night here.

A woman comes into the room and begins a witchcraft-type ritual. I kindly walk out and roam the hotel. I find an area that is only for me. In the prominent place are several pools and hot tubs. One pool has a basketball goal. There is one man in a hot tub. At the end of the room is a tiny skate bowl for skateboarding. A few very small, 70's styled skateboards are provided. I try to skate but cannot. The man from the hot tub tries to skate as well. He gives up. I lose my skateboard under the bowl, or maybe a curtain just feet away. I give up and leave. 

We hear rumors that there is an area just for girls in the hotel. We distract the employees while several of us guys sneak inside. The lights are dimmed. There is a maze in the middle of the room. On the walls are flat-screen TVs with all of our names and a description of who we are. I find a screen that says Laverty, and it describes me as Cain from the Bible. But then I realize that it's a different Laverty. A screen a few screens away says, Keith Laverty. It describes me, but I cannot understand it. A girl next to me explains that I am the kind of guy who when rejected by a girl, becomes self-conscious. I tell her that I've never been turned down by a girl because I've never asked a girl out. 

Most people leave the room. I linger behind. I find a book rack with two books that I wrote. My pen name on the books is Gooder Ralphio. The last name is different on both publications. I read the synopsis of one book to a girl standing nearby. It's about a man who flies an airplane which is missing a fin. I tell the girl that the man who wrote this book was born in Louisiana and grew up in Los Angeles. He became wealthy from writing these books and drove expensive cars. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment