expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Heat



I'm in Africa. Some family members and friends have traveled with me. I am told of a group of people who are desperate to come here.  They travel 100 miles on foot through lava canyons. I see the trail of magma and canyons that lead away. We start to move the path. A few miles on, the walls of the canyons block the sun, and Molton rock begins to appear more and more. We turn back. I wonder how these people travel through lava. How is it possible? We eventually make it through. The halfway point is a lovely building with chairs and vending machines. It's out of place. But it gives me hope.

We make it to the end. There is an indoor swimming pool full of lava. Lying across the pool are several inflatable logs. The people here play a game. One person sits at each end of the trunk. They try not to fall into the hot magma below.

We play the game.

I watch as my friend's dad sits at one side. He puts forth a valiant effort but eventually falls. He quickly pulls himself out, but it's too late. Lava covers his body, melting him alive. He reaches out for help. There is none. Later, we are all on the logs. I drop something into the fire and reach in to grab it. It isn't as hot as I thought. Many of us touch the firewater. We are not harmed.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment