expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Swizzy


I'm in a hotel room. My family's here as well. Some of them are drunk. Our room is connected by a door to another hotel room where guests are staying. My sister, Kristen, has had too much to drink and is not making sense. She hears the strangers in the next room talking. She walks over to the connecting door and yells to them, "go tomorrow!" Her statement makes no sense. The rest of us laugh.

My sister, Morgan, has had a few drinks as well. She's buzzed. She tells me that the movie theater downstairs is playing a free movie for anyone who wants to see it. Morgan and I go downstairs to see the film. The theater is crowded, as is the case whenever something is free. The movie begins. The production company logo comes onto the screen. I notice the words JOY and PRAISE in the title. Morgan asks, "Is this a Christian movie?" Just then, a picture of Jesus appears on the screen. I turn around, and most of the people are leaving. Morgan and I go too, not because we don't love Jesus or Christianity but because our opinions of Christian movies are poor.

We walk down a sidewalk through city streets. Morgan is drunk by this point. She goes back to the hotel room, and I keep walking. I come across a store that sells electronics. I walk inside and look at the CDs and headphones. I want Bluetooth earbuds, but I check the price, and they are $4000.00.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment