expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

This River Is Wild

Dream 3/17/2015



Today is my birthday.

I decide to go to Chuck E. Cheese. Although it's a place for kids, I do enjoy the atmosphere. I talk to my friends about how somebody needs to create a place for adults that has the games and the tubes that you crawl through. Somebody says that there is such a place. It's called 'Dave and Busters.'

The next day, my mother takes me to her work. (I guess it's take your child to work day.) She works at a Brokerage firm where people buy stocks. She takes me upstairs, sits me down, hands me a piece of paper full of different companies to invest in, and tells me to buy some stocks. I pick the companies that I want to invest in but when I turn around, my mom is gone. I search all over the building but cannot find her. I know she is hiding from me.

I leave.

I walk into a neighborhood that I don't recognize. An SUV full of gangbangers pulls up. I hide in the bushes. They have a dog. It comes right to me. I push it away. They go into the house and then walk back out. They get into their car and drive away. 

I get out of the bush and walk behind the house. There is a river. I jump in and start to swim downstream but then I see the rapids up ahead. I swim back against the flow. On the banks of the river are a bunch of flotation devices. I grab an inner tube. I brace myself for a ride. I fly down the rapids. I'm surprised I didn't fall off. I come to a clearing. I jump off and make my way to land. I'm on a mountain. I can see an entire city in front of me. There are roller coasters all around me. One roller coaster has a gap in its track. The coaster jumps off one track and lands on the other. I think about my mother. Dream ends.

I wake up.

No comments :

Post a Comment