expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Red Fog



I'm inside a mysterious mansion with a few other people. We begin walking at one point and move to another. The attic? The basement? There is no way to be sure. We begin to roam. No matter how many rooms, hallways, or doorways we travel through, we never find an exit.

A strangeness follows us. I'm not sure if we see it. It could be a person. Or an illusion. Maybe a haunting. Our pace quickens to an urgent jog. New rooms. Hallways. Doorways. We never end up anyplace with a conclusion. As long as we walk, the mansion shows us more. Like a lizard growing a new tail, the estate grows a new room. Hallway. Doorway.

I come to an indoor balcony. I look down hoping to find an answer. I cannot see the ground through the red fog. We never find our way out. As far as anyone knows, we are still there.

I wake up

2 comments :