expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, September 3, 2018

Feeding Time

A Dream From The Past




There is an inside swimming pool the size of a football field and 100 ft. Deep. On each side of the pool are three ladders stretching from the bottom of the pool to the top. Like the Hunger Games, this pool is watched by many for entertainment purposes. Audiences watch as prisoners and captives are put to the test. A prisoner must swim down the ladder about 40 - 50 ft. Where there is a knot or lock. They must undo the knot/lock and then float to the top. Here's the twist, around ten seconds after the prisoner dives in, a Megalodon shark is released into the pool. If the prisoner does not complete the task fast enough, the giant shark will catch and eat them.

My family has been taken captive for an unknown reason. We are brought to the pool as thousands cheer from the stands. Each of us is put to the test. One by one, we dive into the pool. One by one we undo the lock right as the Megalodon is released. So far, we all make it to the top alive. Next is my mom's turn. I am worried about her. She isn't a fast swimmer, but she pleads with us not to help her. She dives in. I watch as the clock ticks and know that she will not make it. Against her wishes, I jump in behind her. I find that she is struggling with the lock. I take over and finish it. The Megalodon is released. We swim to the top. Death's grasp barely escapes us. Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment