expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Vacation

Dream 6/7/2016



On a trip to Florida, I discover an awkward secret about my father.

We've rented cabins on the beach. We're staying in the same cabin that my dad stayed in on his vacation not long ago. While sitting on a boulder in the front yard, a blonde girl approaches me. She's a local. Instantly, I recognize that she's the girl my dad's been sleeping with. My dad is in his late fifties. This girl looks younger than me. It can't be love, my dad's not that nice. Gold digger, definitely.

I avoid the girl and walk to the back of the cabin onto a deck overlooking the ocean. The ocean will be my therapy. The way in which the waves crash onto the sand, without a break, and the seagulls speaking their minds off in the distance, somehow brings me peace. But the sunset is my craving. Watching it go to sleep under the green waters is like watching a thousand romances. It warms my skin  Dream ends.

I wake up

No comments :

Post a Comment